Rondeau Bay Depth Chart, Countour - Outdated-Reference Only

Let's talk Fishing in and around Erieau, Lake Erie and Rondeau Bay.
EauBuoy
Site Admin

Rondeau Bay Depth Chart, Countour - Outdated-Reference Only

Post by EauBuoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Here is a map that was handed down to us from a former Erieau bait store owner from way back! When I was knee-high to a grasshopper, part of my daily ritual was to ride my bike to B&B Baits to have a look at the minnows and see if they had any new tackle on display. Then I'd ride across the road to the Sunny Beach store and check out their minnows. At that time Erieau was self-governed, so at this store they sold minnows, worms, and scooped ice-cream (I'd like to know how CK Health Dept would feel about that :P ). Then I'd ride over to the Big Little Store (which was the variety before EauBuoys but located where the Antique Store is now). At that time my grandparents owned it and my mother and aunts worked there. After getting kicked-out of there, I'd ride down to see the Hunter Bros and check out their minnows and get a fishing report. Then ride over to Graham's Bait shop, ring the buzzer to get old man Pip out there and I have a look at this minnows and crayfish. Then I'd ride around to the beach and if I heard the boats coming in I'd race over to Erieau Packers and was amazed at the size and numbers of the perch and pickeral coming off the boats!! After seeing those monsters I'd ride my bike back to the variety store and beg my mother for a can of pop and 75cents for a dozen worms and spent the rest of the day fishing and hoping to catch one of those monsters that came off the boats ;)

Anyways we are going to start using this format for reporting ice fishing and see how it goes...

The small red circle (erieau side 4-5FOW) represents the area just out from the store here. This is where the majority of the shanties are located. Fishing here is ok at first light till 10am, slow during the day, and then picks up again from 4pm till dark.

The areas marked in blue and green (7FOW) are areas I would suggest. Folks who are up to a long walk, the green area has been doing very well with consistant 30+ keepers (afternoon bite).
The purple area is reported to be only 3" thick so be safe.

EB
Attachments
Rondeau-Bay.jpg
May you have fair winds and following seas!

Aroc11

Re: Report Jan26/11

Post by Aroc11 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Am I missing something, or am I the only one who can't see the map / attachment?

EauBuoy
Site Admin

Post by EauBuoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Had to have the flie reduced...was taking forever to upload :oops:

Aroc11

Post by Aroc11 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:57 pm

No worries! Thought maybe it was my internet still acting up lol. I was trying to access the FLW Fantasy Fishing page earlier and it wouldn't load. So I wasn't sure if maybe my comp or my internet was on the fritz or not...Sweet map, I used to have the exact same one. It was in a box that the Rondeau Park visitors center was going to just throw away. So they said I could have anything I wanted out of it before they did. Kind of an employee perk so to speak ; ) It was stollen off the deck of my boat a few years ago at the weigh-in at the TBBA Rondeau Tournament.

EauBuoy
Site Admin

Post by EauBuoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I had forgotten about the map when I used to frequent B&B Baits as a yongster. Then Mr. Rilett came out of nowhere with this map at a time when I had been wishing that I had a map to put up in the store here!

EB

Smitdeuce

Post by Smitdeuce » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Sweet find!!! Cool to see you managed to aquire this map from your childhood i'm sure it will be very helpful for sum people... I'll be out again thios weekend soi'll be rolling through saturday morning first light. Keep me posted on any new info brotha.

EauBuoy
Site Admin

Post by EauBuoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:38 pm

You bet Smit!

EB

Honcher

Post by Honcher » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 am

Hey, oddly enough, I still have that map and I got it from B & B Baits right before they closed. WOW!! Feels like a long time ago. Im dating myself.

EauBuoy
Site Admin

Post by EauBuoy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:47 am

You are getting old Honcher, I saw your bicycle parked outside B&B Baits a few times back in the day!! :lol:

Fish Fry

Post by Fish Fry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:52 am

Lol about seeing the bikes. Yeah pretty cool post. Without a depth finder or Map it is hard to know the bottom structure. I will drill a hole 3ft and it'll be full of weeds. A few yards to the left it'll be a deeper pocket with more weeds layin down. Good report. Thanks keep it low key though. To late. Lol